Friday, April 2, 2010

Smallville "Escape"

Let me start off by saying that I find it a little strange that Smallville took so many weeks off and then decided to premier a new episode during Good Friday. It’s a good thing I saw a commercial, because I would have waited until next week to turn on the television.

But anyway, Clark and Lois go on a getaway vacation and it turns out Oliver and Chloe are there. As predicted, Chloe and Oliver are really just booty call type folk and don’t care to be anything more. The romance is ultimately ruined by the awkwardness and also The Silver Banshee.

Now I had seen some images of The Silver Banchee and it just wasn’t very good. Smallville haters really took the opportunity to bash it and I couldn’t blame them. It seemed like they took a very...dead animal approach to it. However, it looked really nice in the dark and instead of looking like dead animals, it was black and white, as it should be. The history was of course appropriated for Smallville, but it wasn’t bad. I thought their interpretation was actually well done...for them anyway.

One of my favorite parts of the episode was when Chloe questioned Clark about his super sex and he looked embarrassed and stated that he was in control of “everything.” It was a funny episode, not hilarious. It was more for chicks I would say.

I do have to point out that I’m really getting sick of Chloe’s dialogue. Her metaphors are driving me nuts! I’d like to get through one episode without her using three.

On with some more important plot advancements, Zod is enjoying his powers and finally got it on with Tess. She figured out that he had powers and used Kryptonite on him. He didn’t know what it was and she won’t tell him. So at the end of the episode, he calls Lois pretending to be “The Blur” right in front of Clark and asks her to find out some information about Tess. She swears not to tell anyone. I think it’s pretty funny.

It was a solid filler. Nothing spectacular happened, but it was enjoyable. If someone was waiting to see something epic to be satisfied from the long break...then I don't know what show you're watching. Though Smallville can have great moments, I've never really been immensely satisfied with epicness.

No comments:

Post a Comment